1. I’d like to post my local York Region event in the Experience York Region event calendar. How do I do this?
Go to the event calendar located on the right side panel of the home page and click “Submit an Event”. For first time users, you will be guided to register for a Experience York Region member’s account. You can then log in and post your event with your user ID and password. Please make a note of your passwords. If you forget your password, you can request that the password be sent to you once you log in. The event calendar is easy to use and instructions are provided.
2. How long will it take for my event to appear on the Experience York Region calendar?
Once we authorize your member file (one to three business days), your events will automatically appear on the event calendar. The event calendar is shared with Central Counties Tourism and will also appear on the Central Counties new website as an added benefit to you.
3. I’d like to post my local event poster in the Experience York Region content. How can I do this?
You can email your event information to firstname.lastname@example.org. We require a Jpeg file of your poster or event image, any pictures should be 640 pixels width by 450 pixels height; please do not email us a PDF file. Please provide a concise description of your event – what, who, when, where and why. We will try our best to post your event within two business days (without a total guarantee) and may edit the content you give us. It is best that you send us your event information at least four weeks in advance of your event to help market your event.
4. Is there a cost to posting my event on ExperienceYorkRegion.com?
There is no cost to becoming a Experience York Region member and posting your event. This a free marketing service provided by the York Region Arts Council, which manages the site content.
5. My event takes place outside of York Region; will you feature my event on ExperienceYorkRegion.com?
ExperienceYorkRegion.com profiles only those events, artists, organizations and tourism providers that are located in each of the York Region’s nine municipalities – Georgina, East Gwillimbury, Newmarket, Aurora, Richmond Hill, Vaughan, Whitchurch-Stouffville, King Township and Markham.
7. I’d like to include or edit my local arts and culture organization listed on ExperienceYorkRegion.com. How can I do this?
Please email email@example.com a concise description of your organization, along with your web URL and contact information. Also please send us a jpeg file of your logo, or any other image you wish to represent your organization. Please allow us 1 to 5 business days to post or edit your listing.
This service is free.
8. I am a York Region artist and I would like to add my listing to the directory.
Go to Artists of York Region drop down under the Arts & Culture tab on the home page. Follow the self guided instructions to add your artist profile. Be sure to take advantage of all the features available to you to promote you and your work.
9. How do I get in contact with you?
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at the York Region Arts Council at 905-726-3278.