Submit a video to #ShareYRLove!
In these socially distant times, we thought of doing something that would bring us closer together and celebrate what we love about the many communities and corners of this vast region.
Do you live, travel, work, or have fun in York Region? We invite you to #ShareYRLove by sharing and submitting a video that will inspire and share love, light, and joy! Video submissions will be compiled into a video montage and shared on Experience York Region’s website and social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram) this summer!
More details on how to submit and the campaign rules below. We look forward to seeing them!
HOW TO SUBMIT
- Film a video (30 seconds max) and share it on your Instagram account using the hashtag #ShareYRLove and tagging @experienceyorkregion. Please make sure your account is not set on private!
- Head to the #ShareYRLove Video Submission Form and upload your video. We are accepting video submissions with a maximum file size of 250 mb. MP4, MOV, and AVI formats are preferred but other formats will be accepted. Please make sure to export your videos with the filename ‘YourName_City’. If sending multiple submissions, please zip them into one file before uploading.
- Post and upload your video submissions. on this page. Videos will be compiled in a video montage to be released this summer on the Experience York Region website and social media platforms!
Some guidelines to make your video great:
- Any camera is welcome, including smartphones.
- Avoid filming vertically; holding smartphone horizontally is preferred.
- Keep movement of camera slow and natural—no quick pans.
- Do record ambient sound but avoid background music or competing noises.
- If possible trim clips and send only the top moments.
- You can submit as many videos as you want!
Need ideas on what to submit? Here’s a few to get your thinking started:
- Dancing in homes
- Working out from home
- Playing at home or in your backyards
- Playing an instrument
- Fun family activities at home
- Celebrations at home (birthdays, weddings, etc.)
- Colourful sceneries in your neighbourhoods (chalk art on sidewalks, art on windows)
- Block socials with neighbours
- Birthday drive-bys
- Tributes to essential workers
- Home schooling with kids
- Grocery trips
- Work-from-home set-up (video meetings)
- Daily at-home rituals (making coffee, cooking meals, baking, doing yoga)
- Virtual hangouts or virtual parties
- Observations from your window (street views, sunrise/sunset)
- Observations from your leisurely activities (walking your dog, view while biking/hiking, birds singing, nature, trees, clouds)
- Or submit a video of you sending us a virtual hello (however that looks). Get creative!
Please remember to practice social distancing while filming and doing these activities.
SHARE YOUR LOVE CAMPAIGN RULES
1) By participating in the Share Your Love Campaign, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules (the “Rules”) and by the interpretation of these Rules by York Region Arts Council (the “Sponsor”), and further warrants and represents that their video: a) is original to them and that the entrant has all necessary rights (including, without limitation, consent of the videographer) in and to the video to enter the campaign; b) does not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation; c) does not contain any reference to or likeness of any identifiable third parties, unless consent has been obtained from all such individuals and their parent/legal guardian if they are under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence; d) will not give rise to any claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any rights and/or interests of any third party, or give rise to any claims for payment whatsoever; e) and is not defamatory, trade libellous, pornographic or obscene, and further that it will not contain, depict, include, discuss or involve, without limitation, any of the following:
ii. Explicit, graphic or excessive sexual activity or any content that endorses, condones or discusses any illegal, inappropriate or risky activity, behaviour or conduct;
iii. Crude, vulgar or offensive language and/or symbols;
iv. Derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups;
v. Personal information of individuals, including without limitation, names and addresses (physical or e-mail);
vi. Conduct or other activities in violation of these Rules;
vii. Any identifiable third-party products and/or trademarks, brands or logos. For example, any clothing worn by persons appearing in a video must not contain any visible logos, trademarks or other third-party materials, unless the necessary permissions/licenses have been obtained; and
viii. Any other content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by the Sponsor in their sole discretion.
Any video that the Sponsor deems, in their sole discretion, to violate the terms and conditions set forth in these Rules may be removed from the campaign.
2) You retain your rights to your video; however, by sharing and submitting it to the Share Your Love Campaign, you grant York Region Arts Council, Experience York Region, and those authorized by York Region Arts Council and Experience York Region, a royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable and non-exclusive license to publicly display, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, and create derivative works, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or later developed, for any purpose, including, but not limited to, advertising and promotion of Experience York Region and its website, and commercial products. You also waive all moral rights to your video in favour of York Region Arts Council and Experience York Region. York Region Arts Council and Experience York Region will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any notification, or additional approval in connection with such uses.
3) York Region Arts Council and Experience York Region may select videos or video screenshots for highlight on its website or display in a publicly accessible campaign archive. Such selections will be made in the discretion of York Region Arts Council and Experience York Region.
4) Entrants may not submit materials that introduce any software viruses, worms or other programs designed to damage software, hardware or telecommunications equipment.
5) By submitting your video to Share Your Love Campaign, you release and forever discharge York Region Arts Council and Experience York Region, their respective directors, employees, staff, contracted workers, interns, and volunteers harmless from and against all claims of any nature arising in connection with your participation in the campaign.