Village Roundabout Bike Trail
Just a thirty minute drive northwest of Toronto, this ride starts in the quaint farming community of Schomberg, home to one of Canada’s longest running agricultural fairs. The area boasts a unique ecological heritage evident at the Cold Creek Conservation Area where rare black spruce trees can be found. The village of Kleinburg marks the halfway point in the ride and its main street is perfect for exploring local shops and restaurants. Be sure to stop at the renowned Pathways to Perennials and enjoy their beautiful outdoor Blossom Café.
- Ride Rating:
- Experienced road cyclist – mostly mixed traffic on quieter roads
- Surface: Road
- Possible Starting Points:
- Trisan Centre (Schomberg) – overnight parking
- Bindertwine Park (Kleinburg) – overnight parking
- King City GO Station – overnight parking
- Detailed maps:
- Notes to Riders:
- Please note that although the Regional Loops are just off the Greenbelt Route, they are not signed, so make sure you download and print the paper maps and itineraries and bring them with you. You can find the Regional Loops indicated on Greenbelt Route trailhead signs, but these printouts are your ticket to ride. So peel off the Greenbelt Route and be your own guide.
Visit york.ca/cycling to see more cycling tour routes.