Latcham Art Centre launches a solo exhibition by Nathalie Bertin, entitled Loup Garou & Moccasins: A Story in Multi-Mediums. The exhibition is on view from Friday, September 2, through Saturday,…
1st International Women’s Day Art Show – CALL FOR ARTISTS
1st Annual International Women’s Day Art Show is scheduled for March 5 to April 16, 2022. The show will be held in Laskay Community Hall at the King Heritage & Cultural Centre (KHCC), 2920 King Road, King City.
The theme for 2022 is Community: consider a community that is diverse, equitable and inclusive; a community where difference is valued and celebrated; a community free of bias, stereotypes, and discrimination. What does community mean to you?
• All participating artists should identify as women and be 14 years of age or older.
• Artwork submitted must relate to the Community theme of the show as interpreted by each artist.
• An entry fee of $20 to be paid when the completed registration form is submitted
• A wide range of media accepted (including work created digitally).
• Original artwork only (e.g. no photomechanical reproductions of paintings).
• Only one entry (one piece of artwork) may be entered into the show by each artist.
• Each artist must submit a story (prose, poetry or quote) of 75 words or less to accompany their work that offers insight to the viewer and enhances their interpretation of the show’s theme.
• Maximum size is 12 square feet for 2D work, preferably no wider than 4 feet across. Size restrictions may apply for 3D work (please contact us). ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
• Registration fee of $20 must be received by February 1, 2022 with registration form to guarantee a spot.
• The show is not juried but space is limited. All entries are accepted, provided the above guidelines are followed and gallery space is still available. Late entries or late artwork delivery may not be included.
• The KHCC may edit stories that exceed 75 words for the purpose of display.
• The KHCC will produce a label to include name of artist, title, medium, size of artwork and artist’s story.
• Sale of artwork is at discretion of individual artists. A commission of 20% to the KHCC will apply on sales.
• Please contact the KHCC in advance, if your work will require a stand or specific hanging arrangements.
• Framed work must be clean and ready for gallery display with proper d-rings and wire for wall mounting.
• Artwork must remain in the show for the entire duration of the exhibit.
• KHCC and ASK may share photos of your artwork and story on social media for promotional purposes and as part of a long-term digital exhibit.
• Applications will be reviewed by our in-house panel made up of KHCC staff and Exhibitions Committee.
• The KHCC reserves the right to decline a submission deemed unsuitable for the Show.
Registration deadline is February 1st with artwork required on site by February 21st..
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.kingheritageandculture.ca for more information.
Share this page